Our Innovative Technology
A New Era In Brain Stulation Technology
BrainsWay’s* patented breakthrough treatment based on Deep TMS begins a new era in brain stimulation and research. This non-invasive and effective* treatment activates deep brain
structures by using directed electromagnetic fields that generate excitation or inhibition of neurons deep inside the brain.
BrainsWay’s technology is based on patents filed by the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH) and the company. The treatment has been enthusiastically embraced by the international academic community, with over 60 clinical trials in leading institutions worldwide.
Going Deeper for Better Results
Studies have shown that the depth and wide range of brain stimulation significantly and positively impact the results, as is shown in the following quotes:
- “Many behavioral manifestations of neurological and psychiatric diseases are not solely the result of abnormality in one isolated brain region but represent alterations in brain networks and connectivity” (Fox et al. Neurolmage 2012).
- “Deeper (ventral) PFC structures have significantly more connections with other reward system sites compared to superficial PFC” (Leh et al., 2007).
- “There is significant inter-individual variability in the exact location of DLPFC sites having functional connectivity with subgenual cingulate “(Fox et al. Neuroimage 2012)
- “Effective response to standard TMS in MDD is strongly correlated with resting state functional connectivity between DLPFC stimulation sites and subgenual cingulate “(Fox et al. Biol. Psychiatry 2012).
- “Individualized targeting becomes less important with larger stimulation field sizes” (Fox et al. Biol. Psychiatry 2012)